"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

Friday, November 19, 2010

Throw open the windows of your house and breathe in the fresh air!

“It raining it’s pouring the old man is snoring.” Remember that poem from when we were kids? When it is a warm rain, like it is today, I put on comfy clothes & go outside and stand in the rain. I then proceed to raise my arms above my head spin around & allow the power from the raindrops to completely saturate me. I clear my mind and listen to the rainfall focusing all of my spirit on the sounds that the rain brings. The sounds of the rustling trees, the wind blowing, & the sound of the raindrops hitting the ground. Simply amazing, a wonderful & powerful gift from God. Today it is raining and since I am still recuperating from knee surgery, I cannot enjoy today’s rain to the fullest. I cannot allow the rain drops to soak into my soul.


 Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning how to dance in the rain! So, for all of you who can dance in the rain go outside & raise your hands up to the dark cloudy sky & twirl! And just feel the rain hitting from face. Or better yet try jumping in the puddles beneath your feet while keeping your eyes closed & clear your mind. Dancing has been proven to release stress and deliver an overall sense of well being. Dance is a successful method of therapy for stress management. When I dance in the rain I feel the rain drops cover me and give me a source of energy. Keep dancing until you feel the release from all of your life’s burdens and stress!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15kWlTrpt5k

No comments:

Post a Comment